Dear Industry Representative,
Thank you for your interest in the Center for Friction Stir Processing (CFSP). We invite you to join our research programs, tailored to develop and promote the industrial application of friction stir welding and processing (FSW&P) and their variants.
The mission of the CFSP is to advance the science and technology of the many variants of FSW&P for accelerating its use in represented manufacturing sectors. Working together with our industrial advisory board, we are developing fundamental process knowledge, data for certification processes, and design for manufacturability (DFM) approaches to facilitate industrial implementation. Through the synergistic research carried out in the Center, we identify critical pathways to industrialization and conduct research programs through which member companies can best benefit from the respective technologies.
The Center provides science-based research to Center members in a consortium environment. This collaborative focus strengthens and enlarges the research capabilities of both the Center’s academic and industry members through conducting cooperative interdisciplinary research programs with industry. Research topics range from fundamental research to applied development related to the different variants of friction stir related technologies, including additive manufacturing.
Key benefits and services available to CFSP members include:
- State-of-the-Art Technology: Stay current on the latest technologies in CFSP core research.
- Directed Research: Co-direct planning and implementation of Center research.
- Consortium Synergy: Multiply research funds by participating in collaborative programs.
- Competitive Deliverables: Obtain science-based deliverables from an array of projects.
- Pre-publications: Receive free copies of Center research papers, reprints, and posters.
- Lowered Indirect Costs (IDC): Conduct focused research at lowered overhead rates.
For additional fees at the lowered IDC rate, member companies may also employ other Center services:
- Interns & Workforce: Gain access to Center student researchers for interns and employees.
- Analytic Services: Access Center testing and analysis services at all Center University Sites.
- Workshops: Take training in Center research-related fields.
- Confidential Research: Pursue proprietary research as an individual CFSP member or as part of a subgroup of Center members.
- Intellectual Property (IP): Negotiate non-exclusive licenses (member IP is not disclosed).
By featuring faculty-led student research and lowered indirect costs (IDC), the CFSP provides industry members with increased purchasing power for their research budgets. In return, we ask Center member companies to commit to at least three years of funding to provide students with consistent support.
To join the CFSP, complete the CFSP Membership Agreement per the instructions included. If you have questions about the Center or the application process, please feel free to contact us by calling 940-369-8438 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working for you in the CFSP.
Prof. Rajiv Mishra
CFSP Center Director